What better way to pass the dog days of summer by than playing swimming pool games? The temperatures are rising and the sun is glaring at us. Its time to take a dip in the pool, enjoy the summer and cool yourself off.
Here is a list of the top 5 swimming pool games of all time which you can enjoy with your kids:
1. Dolphin Race:
It’s one of the classic swimming pool games and it makes it to the top of the list. This is another one of the classic swimming pool games which doesn’t require any additional toys.
- The objective of this game is very simple, to see who can swim the farthest without breathing. On the count of 3, kick off from the wall and try to swim as far as possible.
- The person who swims farthest without taking a breath is the winner.
- As always, you should ensure that there is adult supervision when kids are playing in this pool. Holding your breath for long can lead to drowning and even cause “Loss of consciousness”. This is one of those swimming pool games that simply requires an imagination.
2. Human Whirlpool:
This game works great even if you have a large crowd. Whirlpool can be created in a pool manually. This game has an added benefit for your pool as well. Stagnant water can cause tiling problems that may require resurfacing.
- Begin by collecting everyone in shallow area of the pool. Get as many people as possible.
- Now gather in a circle, and have everyone start walking in the same direction around in a circle. Slowly start walking faster. Initially, it would be difficult to walk in the pool due to the resistance of water. After 30 seconds, the coordinated movement of so many people will create a whirlpool in the water. Once the whirlpool has gained momentum, lift your feet and start floating in water.
- If the whirlpool starts to loose its momentum, start running again in the same direction to create another whirlpool.
- If there are kids involved, make sure they are strong swimmers and tall enough that water is at chest height while standing.
- Keep doing this continuously to create stronger whirlpools and have the time of your life.
3. Diving for Treasure :
This is a fantastic game for kids.
- Just throw non-floating object in the pool. Let the kids race to locate the object and pick it up.
- The one who locates and pick it up first is the winner.
- To make this game more interesting drop coins or non-floating objects in various spots in the pool.
- Ask the kids to locate it and pick it up. The one who does it first is the winner.
4. Cannon Ball Contest:
Of all of the swimming pool games, the “Cannon Ball” is hands down the one to make the biggest splash with your kids. The question is “Can you cannon ball“?
- To perform a perfect cannon ball, you have to dive from a diving board or the side of the pool and clutch both the knees on to the chest forming the shape of the cannon ball. Cannon balling is the exact opposite of diving. Professional divers will tell you that you should strive to land in the pool without creating any noise, but, in cannon ball, the goal is to create the biggest splash possible.
- In a cannon ball contest two or more competitors try to impress the judges with their cannon balling skills.
- There are no specific rules to this. The only rule is to enjoy the sport and have the time of your life.
- To add some competition, you can create some contests to see who can splash the water the furthest into the air or the most amount of water to land outside of the swimming pool.
5.Belly Flop Contest:
A perfect companion for a Cannon Ball contest.
- To execute a perfect Belly Flop, you should dive from a diving board; fully extend both arms and legs and try to produce the loudest and most painful smack while entering the water.
- Judges can set craziest criteria for best Belly flop; like; Loudest Smack, Reddest Belly, Stylish Flop etc.
- After this Belly flop, be ready to have a red belly for sometime.
Summer time seems to fly by every year. Within no time our children grow up, but the time spent in the swimming pool can be some of the best memories which can be made. Give them a moment they will treasure for life. For all of you pool design and maintenance needs, contact the pros at Pool Builders Inc!